What is a Roof Consultant and Why Use One?
While roofs are often an overlooked part of a building, they are an asset and well worth managing. A roof consultant is an independent expert in the field of roofing that can assist you in the accumulation and review of all the roofing information needed to make informed decisions about your roofing assets.
This information includes:
- Roof age
- Roof size
- Roof system composition
- Roof system condition
- Roof deck type and condition
- Frequency and severity of roof leaks
- Applicable roof warranties in place
A roof consultant can also assist you with the development of a Roof Management Program (RMP). An RMP combines sound roof replacement choices with appropriately timed roof inspections, moisture surveys, scheduled preventive roof repairs and remedial reactive roof repairs, to maximize the longevity and value of your roofing assets.
A roof system must be designed to meet your specific needs, constructed with compatible materials, performed with quality workmanship, and protected with quality assurance inspections. The result is long term waterproofing performance.
What We Can Offer
In the management of their building’s roofs, building owners face one decision after another, such as:
- Choosing a waterproofing membrane from a long list of built-up roofing (felts of fibreglass, polyester, organic or composite base combined with standard or modified asphalt), single ply roofing (PVC, EPDM, TPO...) or modified bitumen felt roofing (SBS or APP).
- Choosing flat or tapered insulation, insulation R-value, insulation thickness, insulation securement method.
- Choosing whether to include a vapour retarder, and whether it can be secured to the wall air barrier.
- How to comply with Building Code, Fire Code, Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC), Factory Mutual (FM) Global Standard…
- The type of warranty needed and the duration required.
- How roofing choices made today affect the intended future of the building.
As an independent and unbiased roof consulting company with decades of experience, N. American is designed to assist building owners with these complex and crucial decisions regarding their roofing assets.